Written by MARTHA LEAH NANGALAMA, 3 April 2021
This morning, 3 April 2021, Ugandans woke up to the most highest Archbishop being dead. Only Uganda media have ran that story. Let us check the key ones. My time is 5:10PM AST (Halifax, Canada time).
- THE ASSOCIATED PRESS https://apnews.com/hub/africa
- REUTERS https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east-africa
- AL JAZEERA https://www.aljazeera.com/africa/
- VOA News https://www.voanews.com/africa
- BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world/africa
- THE WASHINGTON POST https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/?itid=nb_world_africa
- THE WALL STREET JOURNAL https://www.wsj.com/news/world?mod=nav_top_section
- SPUTNIK https://sputniknews.com/africa/
- BLOOMBERG https://www.bloomberg.com/africa
- FORBES https://www.forbesafrica.com/
- XINHUA http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/africa/2018/wzlist.htm?page=china_africa
THEREFORE ( we must always have a Therefore) the next time you think you are important, remember that no one will remember you. The fact that the highest prelate in Uganda died, just like that, and no single Global media house has covered the story ought to tell you a lot about Uganda. Not even the Vatican or Church of England has said anything about Archbishop Cyprian Lwanga.