UGANDA: Youth, what is your plan for your future? – VIDEO
You will find a youth of age 25 to 30 years of age. This youth has a degree as now these papers can be printed on Nasser Road and Republic Street rather easily so having a degree is not that glamorous. So much for the degree. You can assume for purpose of argument that the degree is from Makerere Univeristy (the Ivory Tower) or from Kyambogo University (the real school) and then you now have to come to grips with the life of the youth in Uganda.
Let us address the case of the male youth. I understand that females in that age group get:
- Kukyala at age 23
- Kwanjula at age 24
- Wedding at age 25
and since our culture (from what I am told by both male and female) says that the man must provide for the wife and kids, we will leave the plight of the female youth aside. Although now one should wonder why so many of them go to the Middle East to work as maids and sex slaves. Is it possible that the rich men market has dried up?
The typical Ugandan male youth on Facebook and WhatsApp has their biggest investment as their phone. With this phone, the youth can
- Travel to anywhere in the world.
- Apply for scholarships to any college or university in the world.
- Get a job
- Open a business
- Get business partners
- Get free funding support for their project
- Sorry that is too long for me to read
- No we do not read long things
- Please just tell me what to do
- I do not have a computer
- Here we have no Internet
- I do not know how to write an application
- We are on social media for funs
- …..nebilala nebilala…..
- To be making enough money to pay off my student loan.
- Have a car
- Save money for a down payment on a house or condo
- Settled in my career and maybe married with kids and a house by age 30
—— AUTO – GENERATED; Published (Halifax Canada Time AST) on: May 28, 2018 at 04:48PM