SOCCER: Sports broadcasting company modern day thuggery!!
ANDREW LUBEGA – When I came up here and said Magogo is a thug and that Ugandan football is now firmly in the hands of bandits some people abused me not until when the World cup ticket thief announced that Sports broadcasting company Limited has now taken over the broadcast rights for the Uganda premier league that some have started believing what I have always said
-Lets dig deep into this bogus announcement and sports broadcasting byakozebitya..
1. The fact that Azam communicated to UPL about their unwillingness to renew the contract speaks volumes about the integrity of the FUFA boss. Surely a continental body with a name to protect wasn’t going to risk its integrity being associated with a known and well documented world cup ticket thief.
2.No bidding process was done by either FUFA or UPL. How did they arrive at SB as the best?
3. No single club was consulted yet SB is owned by idiots who do not even have a clue at the cost per player ratio. How dare them claim to have taken over the rights when they can’t even finance a team of tomato growers. This was an outright abuse to the club owners who spend their hard cash every day to sustain the lives of 25 able bodied men together with their families. Can someone here tell me what Club Magogo or Mbidde inject cash in on an everyday basis?
Why should people like Mulindwa, Mujib, Ronnie, Misagga, and other club owners be treated like toilet paper yet they are the real owners of the product these fools claim to take over.
3.I have heard some journalists claiming that CAF uses a marketing company. OK, What are the procedures of selecting the marketing company at CAF or FIFA? Does it just fall from heaven like the way SB did, a company that does not have an office, no telephone, no laptop, no post office address, no email etc. Do they award to brief case companies the way Magogo and cohorts have done. These guys are thugs kabisa. The fact that Magogo and cohorts prefer brief case companies to well established entities is an indictment that plunder and thuggery is the order of the day at FUFA.
4.The announcement of SB is the return of USL. It’s the curtains that have changed but the actors are the same.
5.They claimed they will broadcast all the games. What a lie brought up in order to gain acceptance in the eyes of the Ugandan fans. It’s like a man with a mission of winning over a bride from a hostile family who claims he will take the bride and the family to the moon for a vacation but does not even own a bicycle
6. They claimed more money will go to the clubs as opposed to the current deal. Jeezz!! A company without previous experience and work done to come up with that offer. A company without a registered address and without a single computer to come up with that assurance is ridiculous. Ugandans must learn to critically analyze issues. Unfortunately our Ugandan Journalists lack the art of critical thinking.
7. This SB deal is a slap in the face of the clubs. How do you expect to get more money when an additional administrative layer has been added onto the value chain. What I mean, there is a middle man who has absolutely no interest in club football but must claim a big chunk of the cake. In fact, what is most worrying and that clubs have to fight against, is the fact that they will never be party to any negotiations yet they are the real owners of the product. I think its time for Clubs to rightfully claim what belongs to them. Magogo and cohorts are merely administrators who must adhere to the instructions of the club owners. Failure to do so, they should take him on. In fact the current set up of the Trust completely changed the landscape of football where impunity was masked under the cover of immunity.
8. As in all shoddy deals and especially where a One Moses Magogo appears , all money will be wired to the SB virtual account. How are clubs supposed to relate with the Broadcaster e.g Bukedde tv, What happens if Mbidde in the excitement of the money chooses to marry a second wife like Magogo did and money doesn’t reach its intended destination which are the clubs. Who is affected here? Where is the liability? USL offered air to DSTV, there is a precedence. Once bitten twice shy !
In my humble submission this was and remains a raw deal . Club chairmen must know their worth. Football in Uganda does not make any profit to you. You sacrifice your hard earned money to sustain the families of other men not one but over twenty of them on an everyday basis, that is no mean feat. No one should intimidate you . No one especially a person without a club should decide for you what you deserve. You are better than that.
Club chairmen are the true heroes of the game. If you decide to say no to Sports broadcasting company limited for something better it will be the end of these thugs and mafias in Ugandan football.