UGANDA: Interviews for new graduates
This is a true story.
One of my friends from Kampala once told me he was throwing in the towel.
He had arranged a job interview for a new degree holder in Business from a University I will not mention.
He had gone through a range of friends.
EMPLOYER: What can you do?
GRADUATE: I got upper first and have a BCOM.
EMPLOYER: So what can you do?
GRADUATE: I can do anything
EMPLOYER: But according to your degree, what can you do?
Please stop paying for education. It is over rated.
1. I can read financial statements and recommend to invest or not in that company.
2. I can work on the team that handles the company’s financials.
3. I can research and write reports and present them.
4. I can help sell the company’s goods and services.
5. I can teach our customers financial literacy.
Can do anything is a bullshit answer.
MARTHA LEAH NANGALAMA
I can hack.
—— AUTO – GENERATED; Published (Halifax Canada Time AST) on: July 06, 2019 at 01:14PM