CAREERS: Remote jobs pay as high as USD $90,000 per year
The most common remote job pays almost $90,000 a year—here’s the rest of the top 10
CNBC – Working remotely is an increasingly popular option for many people, given how expensive it can be to live where many of the jobs are. But can you earn enough to get by while working from home? To help you find out, career-advice website FlexJobs, using data from salary and compensation site PayScale, compiled a list of the 14 most common remote jobs in their database and their average pay.
Some of the salaries exceed the national median household income, which was $59,039 in 2016. The No. 1 most common remote job, in fact, pays almost $90,000 a year on average.
While some of the job titles on the list, like “nurse” or “teacher,” may sound more like conventional in-person positions, FlexJobs is drawing attention to the remote versions of these jobs in which workers can provide services via phone or video conferencing.
Of the top 14, here are the top 10, as well as their salaries:
1. Client services director. Average annual pay: $87,575
2. Speech-language pathologist. Average annual pay: $79,268
3. Business development manager. Average annual pay: $71,233
4. Software developer. Average annual pay: $69,313
5. Nurse. Average annual pay: $60,132
6. Account manager. Average annual pay: $51,181
7. Accountant. Average annual pay: $49,749
8. Writer. Average annual pay: $48,489
9. Teacher. Average annual pay: $48,159
10. Online tutor. Average annual pay: $36,233
Keep in mind that these estimates are based on self-reported numbers. While they can’t take into account your specific circumstances, they can offer useful insight by measuring your pay against the pay of your peers across the country. Published (Halifax Canada Time AST) on: April 05, 2018 at 10:14AM